On April 19th, 2016, Allie gave birth to 10 puppies-5 males and 5 females. She has been a wonderful mom and the puppies have grown so quickly!
The litter quickly found new homes, new families, and most have stayed in contact. Look below to see pictures of the puppies as they grew, different stages, and different coat types.
All puppies that find new homes from us already have their first vet check, their dew claws removed, are up to date on worming and have first shots as well. Our puppies are F1b (75% poodle and 25% English Goldendoodle).
For more discussion on hair types and shedding, see below the photos.
Murphy At one day old, four weeks old, six weeks old, and four months old
Winston At one day old, four weeks old, six weeks old, and a year old
Sawyer At one day old, four weeks old, six weeks old, and one year old
Lucy At one day old, four weeks old, six weeks old, and one year old
Sophie At one day old, four weeks old, six weeks old, and one year old (at her birthday party)
Shelby At one day old, four weeks old, six weeks old, and four months old
Allie (named after her mom) At one day old, four weeks old, six weeks old, and one year old
Annie At one day old, four weeks old, six weeks old, and one year old
Astro At one day old, four weeks old, and six weeks old
Orange At one day old, four weeks old, and six weeks old (right after a bath)
Puppies at One Day Old
Playing outside at 3 weeks old (video)
Goldendoodle Hair Types
There are three main types of coats in Goldendoodles:
Wool Coat: Soft to harsh texture that sheds very minimally and causes less allergic symptoms like a purebred Poodle.
Wool/Fleece Coated: Soft or silky texture that is between normal hair and the poodle coat. These dogs are generally minimal to mild shedders, but can shed moderately.
Hair Coat: Like the Golden Retriever, a soft straight hair that is moderate to heavy shedding.
While genetics are always a gamble, here are some generalities. You can have any hair type show up in any generation. But, generally, the more poodle blood, the less they will shed and the less of an allergic reaction. All dogs produce saliva, dander, and shed hair. It depends on the coat type and other factors how much shedding and how minimal the allergy symptoms. I do not guarantee your puppy will not shed, but here are some generalities.
The F1 generation (first generation Goldendoodle with one 100% Poodle parent and a 100% Golden Retriever parent):
In this generation, about 50% of puppies are Wool/Fleece Coated (minimal to mild shedding) and about 50% have more of a hair coat or hair coat/fleece coat combination (with moderate to heavy shedding). Allie (mom) is an F1 and has a wool/fleece coat and is a mild shedder. Pard (dad) is a poodle and has the minimal shedding typical of a poodle.
The F1b generation (one parent is an F1 Goldendoodle and the other parent is a Poodle):
This is the most consistent generation and the most likely to produce puppies with minimal to mild shedding and more mild allergy symptoms. All puppies at Henson Acres are F1b. In this generation, around 80% or more of the puppies will have a wool coat with mild to minimal shedding. The remaining 20% of puppies usually have a wool/fleece coat and usually have mild shedding. In this generation, the texture of hair types is usually more consistently wool or fleece with their hair waviness ranging from straight to wavy. In rare cases, this generation can produce puppies that shed moderately.
All puppies of all breeds
All puppies will shed at various stages until their adult hair coat comes in around 6 months of age. While you can guess about how they will look as adults based on hair type as a puppy, you will not know their final hair type for sure until they're 6 months old or older.
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.